RSS

5.31.2008

just another saturday..


this morning we met with my friend chris and her family for breakfast.

they live out of town, so they stayed at a hotel last night to spend some more time with us today! how sweet! :)

so around 930 they came by the apartment and we convoyed to a bonifacio high street, a new development just in taguig, outside of makati. WOW. it felt as though i was in california. so nice. so many malls, so many name brand stores, so much green space...soooo not the manila we know! :)

so we ate at starbucks, walked about some, shopped a little - i got a travellers size SCRABBLE..i'm OOOBER happy about that! - then we had a light lunch at a cafe which was so nice. and it was probably 38 degrees today...BRUTAL hot. :) but sooo nice!

we said goodbye, as they headed back to santa rosa where they live, and we went to MEGAMALL, the mall we frequented much when we lived here, to get me some new contact lenses! yeah!!

i get to the optical shop, for her to tell me that i need to rest my eyes from my contacts before they check my eyes to get my prescription, which is free HELLO. the dealio tho - i did'n' bring glasses. so there i sat, in the optical shop for an hour, reading travel magazines about 2 inches away from my face. NICE. :) i shouldn't have ushered j and the kids off so fast; they could have led me somewhere to eat or drink. but no, there i sat. i did read in the travel mags, some really cool tours in italy and greece that i am DEFINITELY gonna check out though, so all was not lost!

i got my contacts, a years worth for me, for a whopping P1500 - translation - $34. ya baby ya.

off to the truck we went for home, and the kids and nini and emma and i went across the street to swim at the makati sports club while the guys read. it was so cute to watch emma in the water!

and so now here i sit on my bed, after my 1 and a half hour hot stone full body massage - for a total of P800 or $18. dude, i could do that every week. it was heavenly!

so that's our day.. tomoro is church in the morning and then r&r for the day and get ready to head out to boracay in the morning on monday..yeah!!! :) :)

goodnight!

the saturday slideshow

0 comments:

Post a Comment