RSS

5.26.2008

day 2...or is that day 3?

Have you ever thought to yourself that you lost a day somewhere?

We pretty much didn’t see much of Monday.. chuckle..

We left YVR just before 1am on Monday morning, to get to HK at 3:45 in the morning..on Tuesday. Hello. Hence..we lost our Monday.. ☺

The four of us got to sit together – yeah! We passed out for about 6 hours – double yeah! And then I was awake..altho the kids and J didn’t wake up until just after 9am Monday (YVR time).. good snoozing all around! It wasn’t until just after we were awake that we discovered that one of the tv’s (the one in front of rosie) wasn’t working.

So, I traded with rosie..and pretty much watched the map in front of me for the better part of the last leg of the trip to HK. Hence the play by play screens below..chuckle..what’s a girl to do?? ☺ not only was I totally aware of the air temperature outside, the speed at which we were flying and the altitude we were at the ENTIRE trip, I was feeling a little claustrophobic now in between the kids instead of being on the end! Boy, who got shafted this long haul flight??? ☺

However, rosie and I had a hoot doing crazy hairstyles for her..there are some of those too! she also played "hangman" on the screen while i was drifting in and out of consciousness..however, every two seconds, "mama, can you help me?"..yes WE played hangman!

Breakfast was served – probably an 8 out of 10. And then we started our descent upon the wonderful city of hong kong. Ahh..i love hong kong.
We arrived at 4:40am on Tuesday –that’d be 1:40 pm on Monday for you in YVR. Pretty much nothing was open in the airport. Our connecting flight wasn’t until just after 8 am. The kids were hungry and the vast amount of hard chairs was a little much to take in. then my lover had an idea. You see, his dad booked his ticket, using his “marco polo” number registered under DENNIS HEPPNER, that allows passengers into the cathay lounge. Are you trackin with me yet? Oh ya baby..the name on the marco polo account and j’s ticket ALMOST matched..just no jonathan on the marco polo account. They didn’t seem to mind.. ☺ So we got to sit in nice cussy chairs, food and saweeeeet bathrooms, here on in referred to as CR’s. lover was indeed proud of his accomplishment and we were all glad his middle name is DENNIS. ☺

So after some nice light breakie, a lovely iced cappuccino and some expresso’s and after caleb played his psp SOME MORE and rosie was diligently journalling, we thought it was about time to head to our gate.. it’s amazing what an hour and a half can do to an airport; it was busy as a bee, for 7am.. wow! and some crazy cool bathrooms and signs i tell ya..

We arrived at our gate, which was packed, and went to an empty gate kiddy-corner our gate. Jonathan decided to go see when preboarding was. When he returned he said to me, walking towards us, “you’re gonna so love me..” Long story short: his ticket got bumped to business class and because I got shafted on the long haul flight – he gave it to me.. so here I sit..sipping drinks, eating better food, putting my feet up..ah the life. Ya, its only an hour and a half flight, but hey, beggars can’t be choosers right? ☺ talk to you later!

Ok – so a post script – for real: after I ate my delightful breakfast up here in business class, I decided to turn on and watch a bit of tv before we land in manila. Well wouldn’t’ ya know it…the tv in seat 16D here, in business class…it ain’t workin either! i am so not kidding! So I am thinking that’s a sign.. chuckle.. so I will sip my peppermint tea, eat my kiwi grapefruit yogurt and enjoy just “being” in business class. Before we land in manila, the land of sweat, tons of people and crazy traffic!

Tootle!











































0 comments:

Post a Comment