RSS

6.02.2008

kase di ba?



that simply means “because right?”.. used almost anywhere in a conversation..ah, the filipino language..it’s a beautiful thing really.. ☺

plus mom and I were being silly sayingn some of the most vaguest filipino phrases…or pwedi yung ano (can that what?) and this one kase dib a, came up and I told her I’d call today’s blog that. so there. ☺

papa, nini and emma made their way to the airport MUCH earlier than us this morning; they left at 530 – we left at 645. hen we sat in the airport for almost 2 hours – better sitting in the airport than in traffic and possibly not making it to the airport!

we went thru the xray scan; had to even take off our shoes..hehheh..then we found a “home”, got some chicken (curry at that!) turnovers, and some honey dipped donuts from mr donut and that was breakfast! then we used our new travel scrabble game…woot! mommy kicked children butt.. ☺ however caleb was not far behind!

at about 845 we were called to board our plane..we had to take a bus to our plane, way down yonder, the wee little plane – 2 passengers on each side. but it was fun! Rosie and I took lots of pictures!

so we arrived in caticlan, a 45 minute plane ride south of manila. we got off the plane and heard, “miss tracey hepppner”..the tour people who were taking us to our hotel found us! hehehheh..we jumpedin a super airconed (brrrrr) van to the jetty port where we “caught” a banka (boat) to the island of boracay! when we were almost there, rosie and I got soaked so had to move to the other side of the boat!

finally our feet touched the island of boracay..ah, yes.. ☺ from there we hopped into an open van to the resort. as we walked towards the resort, la carmela de boracay, I was already getting really excited. then I saw it:

the infamous white sand, blue water beaches of boracay.

seriously, it brought me to tears. and I’m not even PMSing! ☺ here is our little family on our first holiday together..sigh…it’s a beautiful thing really..

we met papa there, got our room key, found our room and decided to eat lunch first as we were STARVING! so we headed down the beach away to a cute little restaurant. after we ate our chicken/fish and rice and I had a lovely long island iced tea, we went back to the hotel, and changed into our bathing suits, applied a large quantity of sunscreen (the tropical sun is like no other – BRUTAL HOT!), and headed for the beach. J had a nap, so it was just the kids and i.

this is when I started going trigger happy. ☺ between the most amazing beach I have EVER seen, and the kids having the most amazing time playing, it was an easy 100 shots… ☺

finally jonathan woke up an hour later, the kids starting to turn color, and mom and emma made their way down to the beach with dad too. it was a lovely thing really. ☺
jonathan flung caleb thru the air in the water, I walked a bit down the beach strip, strewn with stalls full of souvenirs, people getting massages on the beach. as I walked back, I found a few little boys catching fish..super cute.

the kids decided it was pool time, after several hours in the tropical ocean. Emma and papa and nini accompanied them. I went to the little mini mart and stocked up on some electrolytes and oreo cookies and sky flakes – a hearty snack, really. ☺

i noticed a few groups of guys on the beach starting to make sand castles. oober cool. and then I decided to get a henna tattoo..tribal of course. ☺ this is the first step in me getting my actual one – seeing the art on my body! super cool!!

after we got ourselves back up to the room and cleaned up, we went onto the beach, watched the sandcastles be completed, watch caleb make his sand art, then went over where the hotel sets up tables and a “restaurant buffet” on the beach in front of the hotel and had a lovely dinner by the beach, as the sun was setting.

as yes.. a lovely day it was. we are a little lobster like – I guess the kids needed more than my ”hawaiian tropical dark tanning lotion”.. ☺ tomoro they’ll emma’s SPF 296. ☺..oh sorry SPF 45. ☺

we met a man (bobby, I think) a couple times as we came and went and struck up a deal with him – all of us on his boat for 3-4 hours to do some touring around the island, stopping to snorkel, and another stop on a little island and another stop for fish for lunch on the beach, then another stop at a beach FULL of shells. for only P2000….or $45. ☺ pretty good fun for $45, no? ☺

enjoy today’s pics.. these are but a FRACTION of what I took today.. ☺ and you may notice some little black spots – some dust..i’ve taken care of that now.. ☺

have the slideshow 3/4 uploaded, but the wi-fi here is sporatic..so will try later! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment